What is ICCOREIS?
ICCOREIS is the Inter-Church Commission on Religious Education in Schools (NSW) Inc. It was established by its member churches in 1972, and became an incorporated association in 2000.
ICCOREIS exists to facilitate consultation and cooperation between member organisations aimed at the support, promotion and ongoing development of quality Religious Education (General and Special) in government schools in New South Wales, whilst respecting the integrity of each member organisation and other approved providers.
The member churches of ICCOREIS are:
- Dioceses of the Anglican Church of Australia from the Province of NSW
- Australian Christian Churches
- The Association of Baptist Churches in NSW and ACT
- Christian Brethren Assemblies
- Churches of Christ in NSW Conference
- C3 Church Australia (NSW)
- Fellowship of Congregational Churches
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
- Lutheran Church in Australia, NSW District
- Presbyterian Church of Australia in NSW
- Dioceses of the Roman Catholic Church Province of Sydney and Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (NSW and ACT)
- The Salvation Army (Eastern Australia Territory)
- Serbian Orthodox Church in Australia and New Zealand – NSW and ACT Deaneries
- North NSW, South NSW & Greater Sydney Conferences, Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of New South Wales and ACT